Prepare your taste buds for a fiesta like no other with this taco pizza recipe! A crispy, pizza crust plays the perfect host to a fiesta of savory ground beef, spicy salsa, melted cheese, and a parade of vibrant taco toppings. Bite after delicious bite, this taco pizza is sure to leave you asking, ‘Why didn’t we taco ’bout this sooner?
Why You’ll Love This Easy Dinner
- Easy Weeknight Dinner: This comes together quickly, especially if you use store bought crust, and is a win for everyone.
- Customizable: You can add or subtract any of the toppings which leaves you with nearly endless possibilities!
- Fun Way To Serve A Classic: While traditional tacos are served on tortillas, this is a super fun way to spice up the meal!
Easy weeknight dinner recipe that is also kid approved? That is what you get when you make this taco pizza! It is on the table in under 30 minutes making it a family favorite meal and one that is regularly on our rotation! You all know that I am all about simple dinner recipes that taste amazing. This one does not fall short.
The best part? It is completely customizable making it the best way to spice up Taco Tuesday. The hardest part will be deciding what toppings you want to add!
Taco Pizza Ingredients
I have seen soooo many versions of taco pizza floating around. Many use refried beans as t he base, but I decided to take a different approach.
I used a store bought pizza crust (I know, such a cheater) and topped it with ground beef that had been cooked and combined with enchilada sauce. This gives you a taco filling that is moist and loaded with flavor. Spread that over your prepared crust and sprinkle with Mexican blend cheese.
Here are some toppings we suggest:
- Fresh diced tomatoes
- Olive slices
- Fresh cilantro
- Chopped lettuce
- Diced peppers
- Crumbled tortilla or cheese chips
- Sour cream
- Green onions
- Diced red onion
This is a great recipe to get the kids to help with. Once the ground beef has been cooked it is all assembly. Have them wash their hands and start sprinkling on the toppings. They will love being involved and you will get some quality time!
Easy Taco Pizza Recipe
- PREP: Gather the ingredients. You want to pick your favorite pizza crust and any toppings you will want to use.
- BEEF: In a large skillet, cook the ground beef with chopped onion and diced peppers. Once the meat has browned and the peppers are soft you will sprinkle taco seasoning over the filling. Stir in one can of your favorite enchilada sauce.
- BUILD: Spread the meat mixture over your prepared pizza crust. Top with a hefty amount of cheese.
- BAKE: Sprinkle with your desired toppings and bake 10- ish minutes, or until the cheese is melted and gooey.
- Baking Trays: Having a quality set of baking trays (affiliate) is a life saver in the kitchen. They are a tad thicker and help heat everything evenly.
- Silicone Baking Mats: Not technically something you need, but silicone baking mats (affiliate) are used almost daily in our home. They keep almost anything from sticking to a baking tray AND are reusable so cut back on waste from foil and parchment.
- Pizza Cutter: Hear me out, I actually use my pizza cutter (affiliate) for EVERYTHING. Quesadillas? Pizza cutter. Grilled cheese? Pizza cutter. Pancakes? Pizza cutter!
Absolutely! Store-bought pizza dough works perfectly fine, but you can also make your own if you prefer.
Yes! You can substitute the ground beef with plant-based alternatives like Beyond Meat or use seasoned black beans for a vegetarian option.
Of course! Feel free to get creative and add your favorite taco toppings to make it your own.
Classic sides like guacamole, sour cream, and tortilla chips make fantastic accompaniments.
The spice level depends on the taco seasoning and salsa you use. You can adjust the spiciness to your liking or use a mild salsa for a milder flavor.
- 1 pizza crust
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 onion chopped
- 1 cup chopped red and green pepper
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce
- 1-2 cups Mexican shredded cheese
- chopped tomatoes
- sliced olives
- fresh cilantro
- sour cream
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook the ground beef with the onion and peppers until browned. Sprinkle with taco seasoning. Drain the grease and return to the pan. Stir in the enchilada sauce.
- Spread the beef mixture over your prepared pizza crust. Sprinkle with the cheese. Bake 8-12 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and cheese is bubbly.
- Top the pizza with cilantro, olives, tomatoes, and any other ingredients you might like.