Celebrate Taco Tuesday with these amazing Taco Stuffed Peppers! This easy recipe comes together in 30 minutes making it the best go-to weeknight dinner!
You know when you create a recipe and get SUPER excited to share it? This easy taco stuffed peppers recipe is one of those for me.
We are big Taco Tuesday fans and are constantly coming up with creative flavor combos. It seems so simple to use a pepper base filled with beef and cheese goodness, am I right?
This recipe is so so good. It also happens to be incredibly easy. With under 10 ingredients, and ready in around 30 minutes, this is an amazing weeknight dinner idea! Hollowed out peppers are stuffed with our favorite taco meat. From there we stack them high with shredded cheese and bake just until the peppers are soft. SO. GOOD.
- Easy Weeknight Dinner
- Freezer Friendly
What You Need:
While I used a variety of colors for our bell peppers, you really can just stick with one if you would prefer. It really does not add or take away from the flavors at all.
I thought slicing the peppers in half, instead of slicing the top, and scooping out the insides would help cut down the cooking time and also give these an extra appealing visual appearance.
- Ground beef
- Taco seasoning
- Black beans
- Enchilada sauce
- Bell peppers
- Additional toppings
If you decide to go the route of slicing the top off and scooping the seeds, I would maybe add a minute or ten to the cooking time. You want the inside to be nice and warm before you serve them and the peppers nice and soft.
How to make taco stuffed peppers with black beans:
- Add the ground beef and onion to a large skillet. Cook until onions are soft and beef is cooked through.
- Stir in the taco seasoning, black beans, corn, and salsa. Bring to a simmer and cook 5-7 minutes or until some of the liquid is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the rice and enchilada sauce. Stuff into each half of your cleaned peppers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until heated through. Top with cheese, guacamole or sour cream.
How to freeze stuffed peppers:
- Complete the recipe all the way through stuffing the peppers.
- Wrap each pepper tightly in plastic wrap.
- Place each wrapped pepper in a freezer safe zip top bag. Label and freeze.
- When ready to cook, preheat your oven.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
Frozen peppers will last in the freezer for 2 to 3 months, if stored properly.
Like this recipe? You will love my:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup enchilada sauce.
- 4 large peppers sliced in half length wise and washed
- cheese, sour cream, guacamole
1. Add the ground beef and onion to a large skillet. Cook until onions are soft and beef is cooked through.
2. Stir in the taco seasoning, black beans, corn, and salsa. Bring to a simmer and cook 5-7 minutes or until some of the liquid is dissolved.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in the rice and enchilada sauce. Stuff into each half of your cleaned peppers.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until heated through. Top with cheese, guacamole or sour cream.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 591Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 1475mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 9gSugar: 13gProtein: 42g