Easy tin foil chicken fajitas – the perfect tin foil dinner recipe for a no-fuss summertime dinner! These tasty foil packs are perfect for cookouts, grilling, and camping.
Camping as a family is one of our all-time favorite activities. It gives you a great chance to unplug and connect one on one.
It also gives me a chance to plan a killer menu. We like to keep things relatively easy but also flavor packed. That is why this recipe is so perfect.
All of the prep is done before you leave. which means all you have to do is pull these foil packs out of your cooler and toss them right onto heated coals or a grill!
Tin Foil Chicken Fajita Packets
I should mention that we frequently make these at home too. They are super easy to cook in the oven or on the grill. Check the recipe below for how to cook these multiple ways.
tin foil chicken fajitas ingredients:
- Minute rice
- Fajita seasoning
- Lime juice
- Green and Red Peppers
Having all of the ingredient wrapped up in tin foil makes clean up a breeze easily adding this to the top of my summer favorites.
How to make a chicken fajita foil packets in the oven:
- Gather your ingredients. You will want to use heavy duty foil and a good cooking spray. Since we make these ahead of time I also suggest investing in quality zip top bags.
- Layer two sheets of tin foil on your workstation. Add a heaping spoon full of cooked rice followed by peppers and onions and topped off with your prepared chicken.
- Wrap the foil into a sealed pack (I have a great tutorial here) and bake!
Top these with salsa and sour cream. Eat them as a burrito bowl or rolled inside a soft tortilla. Any way you decide to serve them they are sure to be a hit with all of your camping guests!
CAMPING TIP: Double up on your foil if you are planning on using it as the container or plate.
Tips for perfect tin foil dinners:
- Be sure to use heavy duty foil.
- Use cooking spray to avoid sticking.
- Place the item that will take the longest to cook on the foil first, making it the outside layer.
- Cut the vegetables thinly to help speed up the cooking time.
Like this recipe? You will love my:
- 1 cup minute rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 (1oz) pack fajita seasoning
- 2 large uncooked chicken breasts, sliced thin
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- cheese, salsa, pico, fresh cilantro, limes, sour cream, tortillas, for serving
- Create four large rectangles of heavy duty foil. Mist with cooking spray.
- Stir together the minute rice, water, and 1 tablespoon of the fajita seasoning in a pot. Cook according to the directions on the rice box.
- Combine the chicken, sliced peppers, onion, remaining fajita seasoning, and lime juice in a large bowl. Toss to evenly coat and combine.
- Divide the rice between the foil rectangles. Top with your chicken mixture. Fold up the sides to create your packet.
- Outdoor cooking: Place your packets onto prepared coals. Cook for 30 minutes making sure to turn a few times.
- At home cooking: Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 tin foil packs
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 399
Pin for later: