Easy tin foil chicken fajitas – the perfect tin foil dinner recipe for a no-fuss summertime dinner! These tasty foil packs are perfect for cookouts, grilling, and camping. All of the ingredients are cooked inside a packet, sealing in flavor and giving you perfectly cooked chicken every time.
- Camping Dinner Favorite
- Oven OR Fire Cooking
Camping as a family is one of our all-time favorite activities. It gives you a great chance to unplug and connect one on one.
It also gives me a chance to plan a killer menu. We like to keep things relatively easy but also flavor packed. That is why this recipe is so perfect.
All of the prep for these Chicken Fajita Foil Packets is done before you leave. which means all you have to do is pull these foil packs out of your cooler and toss them right onto heated coals or a grill!
CHICKEN FAJITAS INGREDIENTS
I should mention that we frequently make these at home too. They are super easy to cook in the oven or on the grill. Check the recipe below for how to cook these multiple ways.
- Minute rice
- Fajita seasoning
- Lime juice
- Green and Red Peppers
Having all of the ingredient wrapped up in tin foil makes clean up a breeze easily adding this to the top of my summer favorites.
SIMPLE FAJITA SEASONING
No seasoning? No problem! It is a snap to make your own. Mix together the following ingredients for a quick homemade fajita seasoning:
TIN FOIL DINNERS TIPS
- Be sure to use heavy duty foil.
- Use cooking spray to avoid sticking.
- Place the item that will take the longest to cook on the foil first, making it the outside layer.
- Cut the vegetables thinly to help speed up the cooking time.
CAMPING TIP: Double up on your foil if you are planning on using it as the container or plate.
HOW TO MAKE TIN FOIL DINNERS IN THE OVEN
- Gather your ingredients. You will want to use heavy duty foil and a good cooking spray. Since we make these ahead of time I also suggest investing in quality zip top bags.
- Layer two sheets of tin foil on your workstation. Add a heaping spoon full of cooked rice followed by peppers and onions and topped off with your prepared chicken.
- Wrap the foil into a sealed pack (I have a great tutorial here) and bake!
Top these with salsa and sour cream. Eat them as a burrito bowl or rolled inside a soft tortilla. Any way you decide to serve them they are sure to be a hit with all of your camping guests!
MORE CAMPING RECIPES TO TRY
Like this recipe? You will love my:
- Sausage and Potato Tin Foil Dinner
- Classic Hobo Tin Foil Dinners
- Southwestern Chicken Tin Foil Dinner
- Black Bean Burrito Recipe
Still Hungry? Follow One Sweet Appetite on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
Tin Foil Chicken Fajitas
- 1 cup minute rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 1oz pack fajita seasoning
- 2 large uncooked chicken breasts sliced thin
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- cheese salsa, pico, fresh cilantro, limes, sour cream, tortillas, for serving
- Create four large rectangles of heavy duty foil. Mist with cooking spray.
- Stir together the minute rice, water, and 1 tablespoon of the fajita seasoning in a pot. Cook according to the directions on the rice box.
- Combine the chicken, sliced peppers, onion, remaining fajita seasoning, and lime juice in a large bowl. Toss to evenly coat and combine.
- Divide the rice between the foil rectangles. Top with your chicken mixture. Fold up the sides to create your packet.
- Outdoor cooking: Place your packets onto prepared coals. Cook for 30 minutes making sure to turn a few times.
- At home cooking: Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @1sweetappetite and follow pinterest for more!
Comments & Reviews
Great recipe. Going to try it this weekend. A couple of question though – start with cooked chicken breast or raw? Can I mix all beforehand and take the packets along or is it better to mix ingredients just before cooking? Thanks!
Really love this meal. I am going camping with a few collage friends and this is going to be in the menu. I might to have to change chicken for beef… I have a friend that allergic to chicken. Thank you soo much for the idea!
Vanessa Barker says
this looks so yummy. I think I may need to make it on the BBQ for dinner this week!
Alexis @ We Like to Learn as We Go says
I love fajitas! This would be a fun foil dinner to do camping.
Kathleen @ Fearlessly Creative Mammas says
These sound so good! I’m going to try these when we go camping this summer. Pinning for warm weather! Actually, for the grill in the winter too.
Oh those look amazing! Love tin foil dinners!
aimee @ like mother like daughter says
I am so excited for your tin foil dinner week. You started the week off with a great bang. I love chicken fajitas so much but have never thought of cooking them over a fire! We love camping, so I can’t wait to try this next time we go! (Which may be a while, with baby coming)