Easy tin foil chicken fajitas – the perfect tin foil dinner recipe for a no-fuss summertime dinner! These tasty foil packs are perfect for cookouts, grilling, and camping.
Camping as a family is one of our all-time favorite activities. It gives you a great chance to unplug and connect one on one.
It also gives me a chance to plan a killer menu. We like to keep things relatively easy but also flavor packed. That is why this recipe is so perfect.
All of the prep is done before you leave. which means all you have to do is pull these foil packs out of your cooler and toss them right onto heated coals or a grill!
Tin Foil Chicken Fajitas
I should mention that we frequently make these at home too. They are super easy to cook in the oven or on the grill. Check the recipe below for how to cook these multiple ways.
Having all of the ingredient wrapped up in tin foil makes clean up a breeze easily adding this to the top of my summer favorites.
How to make a tin foil dinner:
- Gather your ingredients. You will want to use heavy duty foil and a good cooking spray. Since we make these ahead of time I also suggest investing in quality zip top bags.
- Layer two sheets of tin foil on your workstation. Add a heaping spoon full of cooked rice followed by peppers and onions and topped off with your prepared chicken.
- Wrap the foil into a sealed pack (I have a great tutorial here) and bake!
Eat them as a burrito bowl or rolled inside a soft tortilla.
Any way you decide to serve them they are sure to be a hit with all of your camping guests!
Like this recipe? You will love my:
- Sausage and Potato Tin Foil Dinner
- Classic Hobo Tin Foil Dinners
- Southwestern Chicken Tin Foil Dinner
Tin Foil Chicken Fajitas
- 1 cup minute rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 (1oz) pack fajita seasoning
- 2 large uncooked chicken breasts sliced thin
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- cheese, salsa, pico, fresh cilantro, limes, sour cream, tortillas for serving
Create four large rectangles of heavy duty foil. Mist with cooking spray.
Stir together the minute rice, water, and 1 tablespoon of the fajita seasoning in a pot. Cook according to the directions on the rice box.
Combine the chicken, sliced peppers, onion, remaining fajita seasoning, and lime juice in a large bowl. Toss to evenly coat and combine.
Divide the rice between the foil rectangles. Top with your chicken mixture. Fold up the sides to create your packet.
Outdoor cooking: Place your packets onto prepared coals. Cook for 30 minutes making sure to turn a few times.
At home cooking: Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes
CAMPING TIP: Double up on your foil if you are planning on using it as the container or plate.
Looking for great inspiration on what kind of meals to add to your camping menu?
Make sure to check out my cookbook! Foiled! Easy, Tasty, Tin Foil Meals is packed with great tin foil recipes perfect for your camping adventures!
Pin for later: