This recipe is one of the very first I ever made for this site. I can’t even tell you where the inspiration came from or why I decided to get all sorts of crazy and try an Asian inspired meal, but boy-oh-boy am I so glad I did. It is DELICIOUS.
I chose a simple veggie slaw with a broccoli base for ease and simplicity, but the beauty of this dish is that you really can use any vegetable combination you want. Try mixing things up with some peppers, onions, mushrooms… Anything your little heart desires is a welcome addition (or substitution). When you’ve got a hungry bunch at home ready to dive right in you always appreciate a shortcut which is why I recommend snagging one of those pre-cut/shredded veggie combos.
We mainly serve this as a quick side dish (it comes together in under ten minutes!) but if you want to create a full meal just toss in some cooked chicken, pork, steak, or even tofu! Serve with chopsticks for a fun family experience and watch your kiddos slurp down veggies quicker than you’ve ever seen before.
- 2 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablesppon rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoonground ginger or 1 teaspoon fresh grated
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha hot chili sauce
- 2 t.easspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 3 cups broccoli slaw or diced veggies of choice
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 6 oz Chinese egg noodles, cooked
- Combine the soy sauce, wine vinegar, brown sugar, sesame oil, five spice powder, ginger, garlic, sriracha, and cornstarch in a small saucepan set over medium heat. Bring to just a boil. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Set a large skillet over medium heat with the oil. Toss in the broccoli slaw (or veggies of choice) and saute until the veggies are tender. Combine the noodles, sauce, and green onion. Toss to coat and serve.
PS, you might like…
This post may contain affiliate links. I include these links to help you find specific products that are used in my recipes. If you purchase an item from the link on One Sweet Appetite, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you.
One Sweet Appetite is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com