This post was updated on by
These incredible Baked Pumpkin Donuts are a fall staple! Easy to make and even easier to eat!
I first made this recipe way back in 2012. In fact, it was one of the very first to appear here on the site! Most of the early treats I made slowly were forgotten or pushed to the back of my mind so imagine my surprise when these suddenly shot into my top TEN most viewed! The funny thing was that I had originally made them in a muffin tin and they didn’t resemble donuts AT ALL. They were more like pumpkin lumps…
>insert super embarrassed face here<
SO I decided it was time to remake them!
Holy crap, these are delicious! Like, melt-in-your mouth pumpkin flavor with the sweet addition of a cinnamon and sugar coating. It took all of the willpower I had not to eat all 18 of these things as they came out of the oven. I had four woofed down in the first few minutes and decided my waist would appreciate if I slowed down. PLUS I was probably going to need some for pictures.
Ingredients to make baked pumpkin donut recipe:
Baked donuts are always a little more cake-like. Don’t expect the raised fried dough you’re used to, but also don’t expect to hear any complaints from anyone you serve these too.
How to make baked donuts:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly mist your donut pan with non stick spray.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar with the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer. Stir with the paddle attachment on low speed until fluffy. Scrape the sides of the pan and add the egg, pumpkin, vanilla, and milk.
- Fold in the dry ingredients.
- Spoon or pipe into your prepared pans filling each space 1/2 full. Bake 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the donuts are baking whisk together the remaining 1/2 cup sugar with the cinnamon.
- Brush each baked donut with melted butter and roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Like this recipe? You will love my: