This is truly the BEST French bread pizza recipe. Made with 5-ingredients or less with and a secret ingredient you will ALWAYS have on hand from now on.
THIS pizza. It is truly the hero of weeknight dinners. It hits all of the checkmarks. Quick-Easy-Delicious.
I mean, can you really beat a 4 to 5-ingredient dinner that is ready in under 20 minutes?! ALSO family approved??
- Minimal Ingredients
- 20-Minute Recipe
- Easy to Customize
- Would DEFINITLY make this again- and already have over a dozen times!
French Bread Pizza Recipe Ingredients:
Ok, so the secret ingredient mentioned above… What exactly IS this mysterious kitchen staple?
Well, I’ll tell you… It’s homemade pizza sauce.
But not just any sauce. This sauce is GOLD. You can make it in advance and even keep it in your freezer for busy weeknights when you need to just toss together a meal. It is so dang good.
Everything else is pretty basic:
- French Bread Loaf
- Pizza Sauce
- Pepperoni or Other Toppings
- Italian Seasoning or Garlic Salt
Step by Step Instructions:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking tray with tin foil for easy cleanup.
- Carefully slice a loaf of French bread in half lengthwise. Set onto the prepared pan, cut side up. Press each half to flatten slightly.
- Spoon roughly 1/4 to 1/3 cup sauce onto each bread half.
- Cover with cheese(s) and add toppings.
- Optional, sprinkle with Italian seasoning or garlic salt for added goodness.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and gooey.
- Eat while warm.
Homemade French Bread Pizza Tips and FAQs:
This recipe is made to be a no-fuss dinner. It requires minimal ingredients and almost no time. But there are a few tips that come in handy.
- Since this recipe has minimal ingredients, you need to reach for “top shelf,” or your favorites. Like mentioned above, we really love homemade sauce and feel it takes this to a level 10. Other items that are a booster are quality French bread (hello Costco), and deli sliced pepperoni (Boars Head is my go-to).
- Foil isn’t necessary, and most of the time it doesn’t make a huge mess. We just find it helpful for an easy cleanup.
- Top this yummy pizza with any of your favorites! We specifically love pepperoni but have also used sausage, ham, pineapple, peppers, bacon… The ideas are endless.
Can You Cook French Bread Pizza In The Air Fryer?
YES. This recipe can most definitely be made in your air fryer. We like to do this for a quick lunch or something that can be made as a super simple dinner.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the bread golden brown.
How To Make French Bread Pizza Not Soggy
Here’s the deal, I have made this recipe dozens of times and never come across a soggy bottom. BUT I believe it is because I follow these steps:
- Use a high temperature to bake.
- Pre-toast your French bread for a few minutes before adding the sauce, if you like a crispier crust.
- Make sure any veggies you use are dried thoroughly.
- 2-Ingredient Garlic Toast Pizza Recipe
- Taco Tuesday Pizza
- BBQ Chicken Pizza on Pitas
- Mini Alfredo Pizzas
- 1 loaf French Bread
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan*
- Italian seasoning or garlic salt, optional
- Pizza Toppings
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking tray with tin foil for easy cleanup.
2. Carefully slice a loaf of French bread in half lengthwise. Set onto the prepared pan, cut side up. Press each half to flatten slightly.
3. Spoon roughly 1/4 to 1/3 cup sauce onto each bread half.
4. Cover with cheese(s) and add toppings.
5. Optional, sprinkle with Italian seasoning or garlic salt for added goodness.
6. Bake 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and gooey.
7. Eat while warm.
*Use shredded and NOT grated parmesan cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 580Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 1564mgCarbohydrates: 80gFiber: 5gSugar: 10gProtein: 29g