These Strawberry Cupcakes use a cake mix base with the addition of real fruit for an extra punch of flavor!
I know so many people that hate cupcakes. How on earth could you hate something that is so petite and tiny?! While I prefer to have an actual cake on my birthday, I love to make/bake cupcakes. They are quick and easy to decorate. No special skills required (only special piping tips)! My sister raves over the beauty in every cupcake batch I make. If only she knew how easy it really is… I’ll have to teach her and maybe write a tutorial or two… These strawberry cupcakes are high on the list of most requested but they have a secret…
These bad boys start from a box mix. INSERT **GASP** HERE. Seriously… I have tried so many Strawberry Cupcake Recipes but these seem to be the ones with the most flavor. It most likely has something to do with the Jell-O packet and pureed berries folded into the batter. I’ve tried that technique with other basic white cakes and was left with a gooey mess. But really… Doctored cake mix recipes are totally in. They are so simple to make and are almost fool proof.
They puff perfectly and have a gorgeous red color. Top them with a simple strawberry cream cheese frosting and maybe a candied strawberry for presentation and you have yourself a gourmet style cake. This recipe comes from Paula Deen over on Food Network. I found it about two years ago to use for a wedding and got outstanding reviews. A few tweaks with the frosting recipe and I labeled this one a winner for the recipe books!
Isn’t the pink color perfect for spring? The leftovers filled our house with a wonderful berry smell and had me craving cupcakes for days after! Try them out and let me know what you think!
- 1 box white cake mix (I use Betty Crocker)
- 1 (3oz) package strawberry Jell-O
- 1 (15 oz) frozen strawberries, thawed and pureed in a blender. 1/4 cup reserved for the frosting.
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup pureed strawberries
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line two muffin tins with paper liners and set aside.
- Place all of your ingredients into the bowl of an electric mixer. Blend on medium speed until smooth. Divide into you prepared cups filling 3/4 full. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooled.
- Cream together the cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar. Add the pureed strawberries and mix until combined. Stir in the heavy cream a little at a time and whip until a thick consistency is formed.
PS, if you liked this recipe you will LOVE these:
This post may contain affiliate links. I include these links to help you find specific products that are used in my recipes. If you purchase an item from the link on One Sweet Appetite, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you.
One Sweet Appetite is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com40