These Flaky Cream Biscuits are made using only 3-ingredients and could not be simpler to make! Tender, delicious biscuits every time.
- No-Fail Bread Recipe: You cannot mess this one up! It’s that easy.
- Quick: Ready in under 20 minutes!
- 3-Ingredient: With only three basic items you can have BREAD. I almost didn’t believe it, but this recipe has been a staple since my bestie shared it over 5 years ago!
This recipe is king of my bread recipes. These biscuits come together so quickly with only a handful of very basic ingredients. Flour, baking powder, and cream That’s it. You will be blown away with how tender and fluffy these biscuits turn out and have everyone asking for the recipe!
It also happens to be so easy. Mix, fold, pat and bake. You can’t mess this one up and it is PERFECT for novice bakers or kids.
CREAM BISCUIT INGREDIENTS
Serve these slathered in butter with a drizzle of honey OR a delicious jelly! I whip these up to take to new neighbors with a homemade pomegranate or apple jelly and it is ALWAYS a hit. Here is a quick breakdown of what you need:
- Flour: I use all-purpose flour for this recipe, but I’m sure a whole wheat would be delicious.
- Baking Powder: A hefty dose of leavening agent to give these biscuits lift, making them nice and fluffy.
- Cream: Heavy cream. That’s it. No butter or shortening needed.
- Salt: This is an OPTIONAL ingredient, but a great way to boost the overall flavor.
TIP: If you happen to have self rising flour on hand, you can substitute the flour called for in this recipe and omit the baking powder. That makes these basically TWO ingredients!
HOW TO MAKE BISCUITS WITH CREAM
- PREP: Line a baking tray with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- MIX: Stir the flour, baking powder, salt (if using) and cream in a medium sized mixing bowl until it starts to come together.
- FOLD: Generously sprinkle your clean work surface with flour. Turn out the dough, sprinkle the top with flour, and pat to 1/2 inch thick rectangle. Fold the dough in half and pat back to a 1/2 inch thickness. Cut into 6 equal pieces.
- BAKE: Bake the biscuits for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly golden on top.
- Baking Trays: I am a big fan of my Nordic Ware pans (affiliate). I have both the half sheet and full pan sizes and they are amazingly easy to clean.
- Silicone Baking Mats: Parchment paper is king in my kitchen, but only when both of my silicone baking mats (affiliate) are dirty. They are SO great for so many things and worth the $13 for a set of 3.
- Knife: A quality knife (affiliate) is something I believe you should always have in the kitchen.
BISCUIT RECIPE TIPS
If stored in an airtight container, these biscuits can last up to 4 days.
Yes. Freezing biscuits is fairly simple, and they can last up to three months when stored properly!
Simply bake the recipe as directed. Cool completely and place into freezer safe containers or zip top bags. When ready to serve, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and enjoy.
The best way to store leftovers is in an airtight container or zip top bag. Allow the biscuits to cool completely after baking and transfer to your choice of container. Keep stored at room temperature for a few days, or the freezer for up to three months.
No. This recipe does not call for a fat like butter or oil. That means it relies on the cream to add richness and flavor.
MORE MUST-TRY BREAD RECIPES
Easy Cream Biscuit Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt optional
- 1-1/2 cups cream
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment or silicone baking mat and set aside.
- Stir the flour, baking powder, salt (if using) and cream in a medium sized mixing bowl until it starts to come together.
- Generously sprinkle your clean work surface with flour. Turn out the dough, sprinkle the top with flour, and pat to 1/2 inch thick rectangle. Fold the dough in half and pat back to a 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut into 6 equal pieces and place on your prepared pan.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, or until lightly browned on the top.