This post was updated on by
These Oreo bunny truffles are a fun and festive way to celebrate Easter! Made with Oreo cookies, cream cheese, and white chocolate – It is the perfect Easter dessert recipe!
If you have followed along for a while you will know that I have a soft spot for adorable holiday treats.
These Bunny Truffles are no different. I whipped them up my very first year of blogging and to this day they are still one of my favorites.
I have made them on TV several times and taught local classes to help people master the art of the truffle.
But I am here to tell you that this Easter recipe is super simple. So simple that I am confident you can do it too. Follow this step by step bunny truffle tutorial and make your very own!
How to make Oreo Bunny Truffles:
Here is what you will need to get started on these fun little creatures!
We are going to start with a classic Oreo truffle recipe. This will be the base of your bunny!
How to make 2 Ingredient Oreo Truffles:
Gather your ingredients! You will need:
1 bag of Oreo cookies and 1 8oz package of cream cheese.
Place your cookies into a blender and pulse until they become a crumbled powder type texture.
If you have a high powered blender or food processor, you can add the cream cheese right in with the cookies and blend until smooth.
However, most of us will need to use a mixing bowl and electric mixer.
Using an electric mixer, combine your Oreo crumbs with your cream cheese and whisk until a dough is formed.
Use a small cookie scoop to form uniform size balls.
Place them onto a wax paper lined cookie sheet and refrigerate them while we prep the next steps.
How to make Oreo Bunny Truffles:
Here comes the fun part. Gather your decorating supplies. For the bunnies I used:
pink sanding sugar
vanilla almond bark
and blue food color
(Jimmies and rainbow sprinkles were used on the plain ol’ truffles)
Ideally, you could get this done right after you put your truffles in the fridge to firm up.
Take a mini marshmallow and squeeze it between your fingers to flatten a bit.
Cut it in half with clean scissors and dip the cut sticky part into your sanding sugar.
This will give you two bunny ears – ready to attach to your truffles.
Keep going until you have enough for all of your bunnies.
Dipping these can be tricky.
Push two truffles onto a toothpick. You do NOT want to push the toothpick all the way through the second truffle like pictured above.
I learned this the hard way…
Holding the toothpick, quickly dip your truffles into your melted almond bark. Let the candy coating drizzle off a bit and place on the wax paper.
Working quickly- attach the ears, nose, and tail.
Once the candy coating has dried use a toothpick and food color to add eyes.
Gently pull out the toothpick. Dab a bit of melted chocolate onto a mini marshmallow and place on the hole creating a bunny tail.
Like this recipe? You will love my:
Just like that you have adorable bunny treats ready to share!
- 1 (15.5 oz) bag Oreo Cookies
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 24 oz white almond bark or white chocolate
- mini Marshmallows
- pink sanding sugar
- small heart sprinkles
- blue gel food color
Making the Oreo truffles:
- These Oreo bunny truffles are a fun and festive way to celebrate Easter! Made with Oreo cookies, cream cheese, and white chocolate - It is the perfect Easter dessert recipe! Start with an un dipped batch of Oreo Truffles.
- Roll your dough into evenly sized balls. Chill for 1 hour or until firm.
- While your truffles are chilling, make the bunny ears.
- Take one mini marshmallow. Slightly smush between two fingers. Cut with clean kitchen scissors directly in half. Take the stick side of the marshmallow and dip into the pink sanding sugar. Set aside.
Assembling your bunny truffles:
- Melt the almond bark or white chocolate according to the package.
- Pull the truffles, four at a time, out of the refrigerator. Push a toothpick through two of the truffles. Make sure it does not go all the way through and only just holds them together. You will want a good amount still hanging out of the back to help you grip.
- Holding the toothpick, quickly dip your truffles into your melted almond bark. Let the candy coating drizzle off a bit. Place on the wax paper.
- Working quickly, place two ears onto the top of the head of the bunny along with an upside down heart sprinkle. Allow to set completely.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, gently remove the toothpick. Dip a mini marshmallow in melted chocolate and place over the hole the toothpick left. This will be your tail.
- Using a clean toothpick, dip into the blue food coloring. Carefully dot two eyes.
- Store your adorable bunnies in the refrigerator until ready to serve.