This easy candied pecans recipe is perfect for the holidays! Sweet, slightly salty, and the perfect treat.
Going to toot my own horn here. This happens to be the easiest candied pecans recipe. Seriously. It takes practically no time to get them into the oven and produces an insanely delicious treat.
This is a lower sugar version of the ones you find in the store. Still sweet, but plenty of pecan flavor shines through. A touch of cinnamon sends these over the top!
- Minimal Ingredients: Only seven items!
- Easy to Package: Making it ideal for gift giving.
- Great Snack: We reach for this whenever we are snacking but still need a little sweet treat.
What You’ll Need:
The great thing about this recipe is that it only uses a handful of ingredients! Everything should be pantry staples which means you can get started on this candied pecans recipe ASAP.
- Pecans: I use halved pecans and chop them to bite sized pieces.
- Sugar, salt, and cinnamon
- 1 large egg white
- Vanilla extract
Step by Step Instructions:
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment and set aside.
- Whisk the sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a small dish or bowl. Set aside.
- Add the egg white, water, and vanilla extract to a small measuring cup. Whisk with a fork until frothy, roughly 2 to 3 minutes. Pour over the pecans and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the sugar mixture over the pecans. Stir until evenly covered.
- Spread the pecans into a single layer on the baking tray. Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool completely and keep stored in an air tight container.
Tips and FAQs:
I have made this recipe dozens of times. Here are some quick tips that have helped me out throughout our baking adventure.
- Use parchment paper on your baking tray. The pecans get sticky and can make a real mess on the pan. Parchment helps them from sticking.
- Lightly chop the pecans, but not too small. You want them bite sized, but too small and they will burn.
- Feeling more festive? Add a tiny pinch of nutmeg!
- This recipe does not need to be refrigerated. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Butter Pecan Syrup
- Caramel Pecan Thumbprint Cookies
- Chocolate Pecan Pie
- German Chocolate Cupcakes
- Cinnamon Crunch Granola
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lb pecans, lightly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment and set aside.
2. Whisk the sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a small dish or bowl. Set aside.
3. Add the egg white, water, and vanilla extract to a small measuring cup. Whisk with a fork until frothy, roughly 2 to 3 minutes. Pour over the pecans and toss to coat.
4. Sprinkle the sugar mixture over the pecans. Stir until evenly covered.
5. Spread the pecans into a single layer on the baking tray. Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
6. Cool completely and keep stored in an air tight container.
Be sure to use unsalted nuts for this recipe. Chop them just enough to make small bite sized pieces, but not too small that they burn in the oven.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 84Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 60mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g