Easy Halloween Ghost Cupcakes. Dark chocolate cupcakes topped with vanilla buttercream and black frosting make the perfect spooky Halloween treat!
Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. Getting dressed up, passing out candy, and watching my little guy fill with excitement is the best.
We also use the time of year to get a little crazy with our sweet tooth. Enter the:
Easy Halloween Ghost Cupcakes
How adorable are these little guys? When it comes to making themed desserts I always try to stick with two simple rules: It has to be simple and it has to be cute. These fill both of those categories! It takes a whopping 30 minutes from start to finish.
The best part? Imperfections make these even better. No need to make them all match or worry about your pipping skills. If you can swirl your wrist you can make these cupcakes.
Ghost Cupcake Ingredients:
The ingredient list for these cupcakes is short. You need three basic items and about 20 minutes of time!
- Chocolate Cupcakes- I provided my favorite, but you can use any chocolate cupcake!
- Vanilla Frosting- WHITE is key here. I use a classic vanilla buttercream with a few drops of white food color. This helps get that super vibrant shade and avoid the yellow tint you can get from butter.
- Black Frosting- I do not make my own. Black is a difficult color to achieve. Luckily, you can find these super small tubes of black in the baking aisle!
- Large Round Piping Tip
How to make Halloween Ghost Cupcakes:
- Bake your cupcakes.
- Top them with vanilla frosting or buttercream using a large round pipping tip. Start by swirling around the bottom, moving up and making each layer slightly smaller than the last.
- Add a small round pipping tip and coupler to a tube of black frosting.
- Pipe eyes directly onto your frosting.
More Halloween Recipes:
More Cupcake Recipes:
- 1 (15.25 oz) box chocolate or devils food cake mix
- 1 (4oz) box chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp espresso powder (optional)
- 2 cups vanilla buttercream
- black frosting
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line 2- 12 count muffin tins with paper liners and set aside.
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a large bowl. Mix until fully combined.
- Fill your cupcake liners 3/4 full. Bake 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Prep a piping bag with a large round pipping tip. Fill with your vanilla buttercream or frosting.
- Pipe the frosting on top of your cupcake until you have a nice tall dome. Don't worry about it being too perfect. The imperfect ghosts look the best!
- Using a small round pipping tip and black frosting, create small eyes directly onto the frosted cupcakes.