You are going to love these Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Brownies! Made from a box mix and not only are they easy to whip up, but also the perfect sweet treat for any occasion. Whether you’re looking for a quick dessert to bring to a party or simply want to indulge in something delicious, these brownies won’t disappoint. So, let’s get baking!
- Box Mix Hack: One of the reasons I absolutely LOVE this recipe is that it all starts with a box mix.
- Minimal Ingredients: With the addition of just TWO ingredients, you can take a box mix brownie from good to great!
- Perfect Balance: The peanut butter to chocolate ratio is so perfect. Not too overpowering either direction.
These brownies. If you love chocolate and peanut butter, this recipe was made for you. It starts with your favorite boxed brownie mix but has the addition of peanut butter pieces baked right into the batter and a sinfully delicious topping of chopped candies.
It is SO DANG GOOD. Rich and luscious with the perfect balance of chocolate and pb flavor. You can’t go wrong with this quick dessert!
Peanut Butter Cup Brownies Ingredients
Ready for a mind blowingly simple list of ingredients? These Reese’s Brownies use very little while still managing to give you a dessert worthy of any party!
- Boxed Brownie Mix: Pick your favorite. We’ve tried this with Duncan Hines and Ghirardelli with great success! You’ll also need any ingredients called for on the box mix.
- Peanut Butter Chips: These are golden and the perfect addition to your pantry. Like chocolate chips but loaded with peanut butter flavor. These are amazing added to cookies and bars.
- Peanut Butter Cups: The classic candy that is nearly irresistible! I prefer the mini Reeses, but can use almost any brand. The Trader Joe’s brand would be a great substitute.
How To Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
- PREP: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly mist a 9×13 pan with baking spray. Set aside for later.
- MIX: Stir together the brownie mix, eggs, water, and oil until combined. Fold in the peanut butter chips.
- BAKE: Add the batter to your prepared baking pan. Bake according to the package on the brownie box, or about 20-23 minutes.
- CANDY: Immediately after pulling out of the oven, sprinkle the top with the chopped candy pieces. The warm brownie will start to melt these into the most amazing layer of chocolate goodness.
- ENJOY: Once the brownies have slightly cooled, slice and enjoy!
- 9×13 Pan: If you plan on taking this treat on the go, I recommend using a 9×13 pan with a lid (affiliate). Let the brownies cool completely then cover. Easy peasy.
- Electric Mixer: Add one of these mixers (affiliate) to your must-have list! They are a game changer for avid bakers. That being said, a handheld mixer (affiliate) works too!
- Silicone Spatulas: If you don’t have a set of silicone spatulas (affiliate), I highly recommend in adding them to your kitchen.
Yes! Pick your favorite brownie mix and use the ingredients called for on the back of the box with the addition of peanut butter chips and chopped candy pieces.
Yes. Peanut butter cup sizes will not change the end result of this recipe.
If you’d like, yes! Try chopped Almond Joys, Twix, or even Snickers!
How long do these brownies stay fresh? Great question! This recipe should be stored covered at room temperature and eaten within 3 to 4 days.
Yes. If you’d like to make a big batch, but don’t think you’ll eat them in the 3 to 4 day timeframe, you can freeze them for up to 3 months. I like to cool mine completely, cut into squares, individually wrap in plastic wrap, and store in a freezer safe container.
Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
- 1 (18.3 oz) Box Brownie Mix see notes
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cups peanut butter baking chips
- 2-3 cups Mini Reese's Candies cut into ¼'s
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly mist a 9×13 pan with baking spray. Set aside for later.
- Stir together the brownie mix, eggs, water, and oil until combined. Fold in the peanut butter chips.
- Add the batter to your prepared baking pan. Bake according to the package on the brownie box, or about 20-23 minutes.
- Immediately after pulling out of the oven, sprinkle the top with the chopped candy pieces. The warm brownie will start to melt these into the most amazing layer of chocolate goodness.
- Once the brownies have slightly cooled, slice and enjoy!