This recipe kicked my fear of cooking shrimp to the curb. A lot of that had to do with the amazing girl at the grocery store that walked me through the easy process of cooking the small little critters. I was hoping to create a special meal for my husband after a long week apart, but was worried that I might be in over my head. I’ve never cooked seafood in general let alone shrimp scampi! For some reason it makes me feel unsure and nervous in the kitchen. Luckily my grocery store girl quickly shelled, deveined, and gave me a crash coarse in the basics of cooking the jumbo sized goodness.
- 1 -1/2 pound jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Place your shrimp into a sallow pie dish in a single layer. Pat dry with a paper towel and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat with the butter. Let the butter melt and cover the skillet. Flip the pie plan over the top of the pan so that all of the shrimp fall into it at the same time. Cook without touching for about a minute and then add your garlic. Cook one more minute. Flip and cook two additional minutes. Remove to a bowl.
- In that same pan add the wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and scrape up the brown bits from the bottom. Stir in the parsley and lemon zest and cook until slightly thickened. Serve over your cooked shrimp.
Now… You can serve this over pasta or all on it’s own. Either way you are sure to impress. I was blown away at the simplicity of the entire meal. I had no idea that it took such a short time to get the shrimp to turn that great pink color! And the sauce… TO DIE FOR. If you are looking for a great quick dinner… This is the one for you!0