I decided that fall neighbor gifts would be great to put together this year. I love sending fresh baked goods to my local friends, but they never have that super cute and creative look that I envy from all of those amazing crafty people. So I enlisted the help of my good friend Jonie from Just Between Friends and spent a little time with her creating this amazing collaborative post!
I’m good at baking, she’s good at printables… We are a match made in blogger heaven! Together we can take over the neighbor gift giving world!
>insert evil laugh here<
Ok… that was a little dramatic. But really, this caramel corn has a fun hint of pumpkin spice that screams fall. It takes little time to whip up and makes your house smell divine in the process. Toss that in a jar fitted with one of these FOUR cute printables and you are all set to WOW and IMPRESS your entire block.
- 12 C. popped popcorn
- 1 C. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 C. honey
- 1/2 C. butter
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with foil and lightly mist with non-stick spray.
- Whisk the brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice in a large glass bowl. Top with the butter (in chunks) and honey. Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir and microwave for 1 minute and 45 seconds. (2 minutes if your microwave has low power)
- Stir and microwave for an additional 1 minute and 45 seconds.
- Stir in the baking soda and vanilla.
- Pour over your popped popcorn and give it a good stir. Make sure you coat every piece. Spread onto your prepared sheets.
- Cook for 30 minutes, stirring every ten.
- Cool completely and enjoy.
The caramel is going to rise during the heating process, so I’m not kidding when I say use a LARGE bowl. Avoid a sticky mess and listen to my advice on that one.
Even if you don’t make this for your neighbors… you should make it for yourself. And if you have a lucky spouse… you could think about sharing. OR you can be super generous and package up this fun treat and send it on it’s way. Check out these chalk board printables (carefully placed on my Create-ologie tray) that Jonie created:
You can see all four and download them HERE! Enjoy!