This easy Air Fryer Ravioli is the perfect quick appetizer or snack! You only need a handful of ingredients and less than 10 minutes! Amazing served with marinara for parties or holidays.
We love to serve this as a party appetizer along side Jalapeno Jelly (trust me), Spinach Artichoke Dip, and a sparkling glass of Punch.
- Quick and Easy: Thanks to the use of an Air Fryer, this recipe is cooked in under 10 minutes!
- 4-Ingredients: You only need four simple ingredients to make this easy appetizer.
- Customizable: Use this as a base recipe and adjust to your liking. We like to mix in seasonings to the breading or swap out ravioli flavors.
I LOVE my air fryer. It’s honestly the most used tool in my kitchen. We use it for almost all frozen foods, reheating, and tons of tasty air fryer recipes, including this toasted ravioli! It’s one of our current obsessions. Pasta filled with cheese, tossed in a blend of crumbs and more cheese, then toasted to perfection. Dip that into marinara for the perfect party appetizer!
Don’t be intimidated by air fried ravioli. Once you’ve dipped one, you’ll realize it is a piece of cake to whip up an entire batch. Double the recipe for parties or enjoy as written for a delicious snack or dinner.
Toasted Ravioli Recipe Ingredients
The ingredient list is small, but be sure to follow it closely to make sure you make the best fried ravioli in the air fryer. Here is what you will need to get started:
- Egg: One large egg with a dash of water. This is going to be the glue that helps hold the breadcrumbs to the ravioli.
- Breadcrumbs: For a nice and crisp, but not crunchy, pasta you want to use breadcrumbs. I prefer Italian style, but you can use plain and add your own seasonings. Try a dash of garlic powder!
- Parmesan: You can try other cheeses if you’d like, but I suggest grated. Grated parmesan mixed with the crumbs gives you an insanely delicious topping.
- Ravioli: This recipe will not work well with frozen ravioli. We tried, we really did. But they don’t cook properly. Use refrigerated ravioli that are filled with cheese. We found ours in the refrigerated section of the grocery store near the cheeses.
Dipping sauces are king. Pick your favorite homemade or store bought marinara! These are also delicious with ranch dressing.
How to Air Fry Ravioli
- PREP: Whisk the egg with a teaspoon or two of water in a shallow dish. Set aside. In a separate shallow dish mix the breadcrumbs and Parmesan.
- DIP: Dip the ravioli in the egg wash followed by the breadcrumbs. Gently press into the pasta to help it stick. Repeat with the remaining, placing on a plate while you finish this process.
- AIR FRY: Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees. Place the dipped pasta into the basket in a single layer. Mist with cooking spray and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- ENJOY: Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
If you purchase the mini ravioli, you’ll be looking at a 4-6 minute cook time. Larger pasta will need 6-8 minutes. The pasta is done when it is just lightly browned.
- Air Fryer: There are so many different air fryer’s out there and it can be somewhat overwhelming knowing which one works best. For a versatile option with different cook features I suggest the Instant Vortex (affiliate). For a more basic and beginner friendly, opt for the Wolfgang Puck (affiliate).
- Shallow Dish: Wide shallow dishes (affiliate) can come in handy for so many things. Dipping ravioli, French toast, and even chicken is made so much easier.
- Kitchen Tongs: Using kitchen tongs (affiliate) makes it easy to transfer the food in and out of the fryer without the risk of burning.
Frozen ravioli doesn’t work amazingly well in this recipe. We recommend using refrigerated pasta only.
The best way to serve this finger food is on a serving tray with bowls of dipping sauce. They are so impressive without any work, but you can also add a sprinkle of parmesan over the top for a fun finish!
Yep! Keep the leftovers stored in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. When you are ready to enjoy simply reheat in the microwave for 15-20 seconds.
Technically, air fryers do not require the use of oil. However, to get the toasty brown color on these ravioli it is best to add a light mist of cooking oil onto the pasta itself.
More Must-Try Air Fryer Recipes
Still Hungry? Follow One Sweet Appetite on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
Air Fryer Toasted Ravioli
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 (9oz) refrigerated cheese ravioli
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce for dipping
- Whisk the egg with a teaspoon or two of water in a shallow dish. Set aside.
- In a separate shallow dish mix the breadcrumbs and Parmesan.
- Dip the ravioli in the egg wash followed by the breadcrumbs. Gently press into the pasta to help it stick. Repeat with the remaining, placing on a plate while you finish this process.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees. Place the dipped pasta into the basket in a single layer. Mist with cooking spray and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @1sweetappetite and follow pinterest for more!
Leave a Review!