This easy Jalapeno Jelly Recipe is the perfect holiday appetizer! Quick and easy to make and great served with crackers!
Alright, full disclosure. I never thought this recipe sounded appealing. I had seen it at holiday parties for years until my husband finally convinced me to give it a try.
HOLY CRAP. I cannot believe how good this stuff is. Slight spice, extra sweet, and amazing served on top of cream cheese. Truly one of the best holiday appetizer recipes.
- Minimal Ingredients: Like most jelly recipes, this calls for basic ingredients.
- Sweet and Spicy: The spicy peppers give this jelly a little kick.
- Fun Dip Recipe Variation: A fun break away from the classic dip recipes.
What You’ll Need:
Ok, don’t run when you see this list. There’s basically a lot of heat involved, but it turns out SO GOOD. I promise. For a full list of ingredients and their measurements see the recipe card below.
- Peppers: A blend of jalapenos and green bell pepper.
- Vinegar: I use apple cider vinegar.
- Pectin- I have only used liquid pectin for this recipe but I’m sure you could use powdered.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Remove the stem and seeds from the bell pepper. Add to a high powered blender (affiliate) of food processor.
- Remove the stems from the jalapenos. Add the to blender. (affiliate) Pulse 3 to 5 times or until the peppers are diced finely.
- Pour the peppers into a large pot (affiliate). Stir in the apple cider vinegar. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir the sugar and salt into the pan. Increase the heat to medium high and bring to a full boil. Stir in the pectin and cook 3 additional minutes.
- Pour into clean sterile jars (affiliate). Process the jars or store in the refrigerator and eat immediately.
I earn a small commission from items purchased through the links above. This helps me keep my recipes free for you. I only share products I use in my own kitchen and love.
Tips and FAQs:
While I like to thing this recipe is pretty easy, I do have a few quick tips to make your experience easier and hopefully answer some questions.
How do you serve jalapeno jelly?
The most common, and our personal favorite, way to serve jalapeno jelly is over cream cheese with crackers. It takes all of 3 minutes to prepare and is visually appealing. We also like to spread a tablespoon onto the center of a grilled cheese. It adds insane flavor!
How to make jalapeno jelly less spicy:
We like things hot. Which means I don’t remove any of the jalapeno seeds in this recipe. If you want that bold flavor without the heat, simply remove all of the jalapeno seeds before adding them to the blender.
- Copycat Chili’s Skillet Queso
- The BEST Cheese Ball Recipe
- Sweet Pepper Poppers
- Salsa Verde Recipe
- Blender Salsa
- 1 green bell pepper
- 12 fresh jalapeno peppers, divided
- 1-1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 oz liquid pectin
1. Remove the stem and seeds from the bell pepper. Add to a high powered blender of food processor.
2. Remove the stems from the jalapenos. Add the to blender. Pulse 3 to 5 times or until the peppers are diced finely.
3. Pour the peppers into a large pot . Stir in the apple cider vinegar. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer 15 minutes.
4. Stir the sugar and salt into the pan. Increase the heat to medium high and bring to a full boil. Stir in the pectin and cook 3 additional minutes.
5. Pour into clean sterile jars. Process the jars or store in the refrigerator and eat immediately.
For a less spicy version, remove the seeds from the jalapenos before adding to the blender.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 32 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 114Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 16mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 0gSugar: 25gProtein: 0g