Curb your cravings with The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies. This perfect recipe leaves you with soft and chewy cookies begging to be paired with a glass of milk!
The search is over. I have officially found the BEST chocolate chip cookie recipe. Turns out the method is just as important as the ingredients. A few tips to keep in mind before we get started…
1. Use fresh ingredients.
2. Use room temperature ingredients. Especially the eggs and butter.
3. Keep your mixer on the lowest possible setting.
4. Bake them low and slow.
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Here is what I mean about fresh ingredients… Make sure your eggs, baking powder, and baking soda haven’t passed their expatriation date. I also tend to replace items if they’ve been open for extended periods of time because I have found that they start to loose their fresh effect.
I also want to toss in this little tid bit. Baking these beauties low and slow gives them the most perfect crisp exterior leaving the insides soft and chewy. I don’t even know how to explain this in the way that it deserves. They are basically the most magical cookies on the planet.
Last tip, do not skip the espresso powder. It does not give these a super overpowering flavor but enhances the butter and chocolate. Trust me.
- 1/2 cup salted butter, soft
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1-1/2 tsp espresso powder (optional)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine the butter with both sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer. Stir on lowest setting for 3-5 minutes or until creamy.
- Keeping the mixer on low, stir in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and espresso powder in a large measuring cup. Slowly stir into the batter.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon onto lined cookie trays. Bake 20 minutes or until the edges have lightly browned.