This homemade Caramel Frappuccino Recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make drink to satisfy your sweet tooth! With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a refreshing and indulgent treat that’s sure to hit the spot. Learn how to make this mouth-watering drink right at home and impress your friends and family with your barista skills.
Searching for more go-to blended drinks? Be sure to try my Mocha Frappe, Strawberry Frappuccino, and Frosted Lemonade recipe!
- Budget Friendly: So much cheaper than Starbucks!
- Delicious: Loaded with coffee and caramel flavor.
- Prep Ahead: Freeze your coffee in ice cube trays for weeks.
Whether you call it a frappuccino, frappe, or frap… This frozen caramel coffee is the BEST version. A go-to for a quick caffeine boost that is sweet, but still holds an amazing coffee flavor. Easy to make and cheaper than your typical drive-thru. A personal favorite of mine that competes only with the mocha version.
According to the Starbucks website, their caramel flavor is the most popular of all-time, and for good reason. You get a sweet, sugar filled, drink with a rich caramel flavor and hints of vanilla. Delicious.
Caramel Frappuccino Ingredients
Good news is that you don’t need many ingredients to whip this up! The list is short, but there is a tiny bit of prep involved. Here is what you will need to get started:
- Coffee: STRONG brewed coffee that has been frozen in ice cube trays. This helps avoid the need to add more ice which gives you a super delicious drink that isn’t watered down.
- Milk: I like 2%, but we have made this with half and half, coconut milk, almond milk, and cream with great success.
- Caramel Sauce: Listen, can you use caramel drink syrup? Yes. Is this 100x better with caramel sauce? Also, yes.
- Sugar: Optional. I actually don’t use it in my drink, but my sister said she prefers hers a tad sweeter.
How To Make A Caramel Frappe At Home
Here’s the secret, this recipe is actually SUPER easy. Blend and enjoy is the basic list of instructions. There are, however, a few tips that will come in extra handy.
- PREP: The night before, or a few days before, freeze 1 cup of STRONG brewed coffee in an ice mold.
- BLEND: When you are ready to whip up your frap add the milk, frozen coffee cubes, and caramel sauce into a blender. Blend until smooth, taste, and add sugar if desired.
- TOP: Pour your drink into a glass and top with whipped cream and caramel sauce.
- ENJOY: Now that you know how easy it is to make this recipe, you’ll be able to enjoy it at home all year long!
- Ice Molds: Pick up some dollar store ice molds to freeze your coffee OR grab these silicone versions (affiliate). Super convenient, easy release, and a lid!
- Blender: I love my blendtec (affiliate), but we tested this with a basic blender (affiliate) that was a smidge more affordable and it worked just as well.
- Caramel Sauce: You can’t go wrong when it comes to picking caramel. However, we really loved the bold flavor that comes with Torani (affiliate). It even comes with a handy pump.
Yep. Since I used a sugar syrup, not sauce, I recommend you taste as you go when adding sugar free syrup (affiliate). Add more or less to your taste.
If you’d like a thicker drink, you can add less milk OR ice cubes. For a thinner drink, add a splash more milk.
Yep! We tested this for you and found that many milk varieties work well in this drink.
Yes. Just substitute the coffee ice cubes with regular ice.
This drink is best finished immediately. However, you can keep it stored in the freezer for an hour or two. Give it a good shake before serving and voila!
More Must Make Coffee Recipes
Still Hungry? Follow One Sweet Appetite on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
Caramel Frappuccino Recipe
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee*
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup caramel sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar optional
- whipped cream optional
- Pour the brewed, and slightly cooled coffee into an ice mold.
- Freeze solid, roughly 3 to 4 hours.
- Place the frozen coffee cubes, milk, and caramel syrup in a blender with the sugar, if using.
- Blend at a medium/high speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a glass and top off with whipped cream.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @1sweetappetite and follow pinterest for more!
Leave a Review!