Prepare to embark on a taste bud thrill ride with our Everything Bagel Cheese Ball. This fusion of creamy, dreamy cheese and the tantalizing flavors of an everything bagel will have you spreading joy and deliciousness at your next gathering. It’s the ultimate cheesy delight that’ll leave your guests asking, ‘Can we please, pretty please, have everything about this?!’ So grab your crackers, get your schmear on, and let’s roll with this scrumptious adventure!
Why You’ll Love This Easy Appetizer
- Super Easy: I’m always surprised by how quick and easy cheese balls are to make! Takes less than five minutes of prep time and you’ve got an appetizer that is packed with flavor.
- Flavor PACKED: This is by far my favorite appetizer, and that’s all due to the addictingly delicious flavor.
- Make Ahead: Planning a party? This is the PERFECT party appetizer/snack and even more appealing because you can make it in advance!
I cannot get enough of this cheese ball. My sister suggested I make a version, as she’d recently tried one at a party, and we are HOOKED. It was so easy to make, I’m talking less than ten minutes, and the flavor is easily a 10/10. I had a hard time even sharing with my husband, even though I did eventually cave and let him have a taste.
This man is a big fan of my Ranch Cheese Ball, which is still SO DANG GOOD, and even he said it outshines that one by a lot. We snacked on this for days using crackers, pretzels, and toasted bagel thins as our utensils and when it was gone we seriously debated whipping up a second batch.
You are going to LOVE this dish and everyone you serve it to will be begging for the recipe. Be sure to check out my jalapeno cheese ball too!
Everything Bagel Cheese Ball Ingredients
Don’t let the short ingredient list fool you. This is loaded with delicious flavor and easily a 10 star appetizer. Here is what you need to get started:
- Cream Cheese: I like to use blocked cream cheese, which tends to be a little more firm. This helps your cheese ball hold its shape.
- Sour Cream: This adds a delightful tang while simultaneously helping to slightly thin the cream cheese so all of the ingredients can blend together.
- Cheese: Here’s the secret, use sharp cheddar cheese. It helps the flavor shine through and really takes this from good to great.
- Worcestershire: Worcestershire sauce has a unique and complex flavor profile that is difficult to describe in one word. It is a savory, tangy, and umami-rich sauce with a well-balanced combination of various ingredients that really boosts and heightens the seasonings in this recipe.
- Seasonings: Just a touch of garlic powder and pepper.
- Everything Bagel Seasoning: A popular spice blend that is inspired by the toppings typically found on an “everything bagel,” a type of bagel commonly sold in bakeries and delis. The seasoning mix became so popular that it is now widely used beyond bagels to enhance the flavor of various dishes, like this one.
How To Make A Cheese Ball With Everything Bagel Seasoning
- MIX: Add all of the ingredients, minus the topping seasoning, into a mixing bowl. Stir well with a spatula or hand mixer until fully combined.
- WRAP: Place a large piece of plastic wrap onto a clean work surface. Scoop the cheese mixture to the middle of the plastic and carefully wrap and shape into a ball shape.
- CHILL: Place the wrapped ball in the refrigerator and allow to chill for a minimum of one hour and up to two days.
- ROLL: Just before serving, remove the plastic wrap from the ball and roll into a bowl filled with the remaining everything seasoning.
- ENJOY: Place on a serving tray with crackers or pretzels and enjoy!
- Mixing Bowls: You need a large mixing bowl to get this pulled together. I really love this set (affiliate). It comes with a few sizes and they all have secure lids, which means you can store the cheese ball in the same bowl you stir it in!
- Silicone Spatulas: If I can only recommend one kitchen tool, it would be a set of silicone spatulas (affiliate). These are so versatile and used daily in our kitchen. Great for baking AND cooking.
- Plastic Wrap: I tried a few different methods and by far plastic wrap (affiliate) was the easiest way to form this into a ball shape.
Everything bagel seasoning is a blend of sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried garlic, dried onion, and salt, mimicking the flavors of an everything bagel. You can find it in the spice section of most grocery stores or online (affiliate).
Yes, you can use low-fat cream cheese if you prefer a lighter version of the cheese ball. However, keep in mind that it may slightly affect the texture and taste.
The easiest way I’ve found to shape a cheese ball is to place the cheese mixture on a sheet of plastic wrap. Use the plastic wrap to shape it into a ball or log. Then, wrap it tightly and refrigerate until firm.
Yes, you can make the cheese ball ahead of time. Simply wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve. It’s best to consume it within 1-2 days of making.
You can serve the cheese ball with a variety of options, such as crackers, pretzels, sliced baguette, vegetable sticks, or even apple slices for a sweet and savory combination.
Absolutely! This cheese ball can double as a flavorful bagel spread. Just remember to bring it to room temperature for easier spreading.
Everything Cheese Ball
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1¾ cups sharp cheddar shredded
- 2 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Add all of the ingredients, minus the topping seasoning, into a mixing bowl. Stir well with a spatula or hand mixer until fully combined.
- Place a large piece of plastic wrap onto a clean work surface. Scoop the cheese mixture to the middle of the plastic and carefully wrap and shape into a ball shape.
- Place the wrapped ball in the refrigerator and allow to chill for a minimum of one hour and up to two days.
- Just before serving, remove the plastic wrap from the ball and roll into a bowl filled with the remaining everything seasoning.
- Place on a serving tray with crackers or pretzels and enjoy!