This Easy Veggie Dip is quick to make and perfect for dipping! Only 5 simple ingredients and loaded with fresh flavor. One of our most requested party appetizers and easily a crowd favorite.
Searching for more go-to snacks? Be sure to try my Ranch Cheese Ball, Classic Deviled Eggs, and Grape Jelly Cocktail Meatballs!
- Quick and Easy: This quick snack comes together in under 10 minutes!
- 5 Ingredients: Most of the ingredients are items you already have on hand. Which means you can have this whipped up in no-time.
- Perfect Cold Dip: This is so delicious with chopped vegetables, but it’s also delicious with chips!
I am currently OBSESSED with dips and spreads. They are such a quick way to add flavor to basic things, like veggies, but also a great way to impress as appetizers! This vegetable dip is loaded with fresh flavor and pairs perfectly with almost all dipping veggies!
There isn’t a dip out there that is easier to make than this one. It’s five basic ingredients and can be customized easily with the use of your favorite herbs and spices.
Serve it along other tried and true favorites, like cheese ball bites and jalapeno jelly dip, for the perfect party appetizer!
Vegetable Dip Recipe Ingredients
I like this recipe because it’s basic, but bold in flavor. Here is what you will need to get started:
- Sour Cream: I’ve made this with low fat, regular sour cream as well as Greek yogurt. All of them taste delicious in different ways. Use what you like.
- Mayonnaise: Just a touch of mayo goes a long way to adding flavor. I’ve always been a fan of Best Foods, but you can pick any variety.
- Onion: I like to use sweet onion for this quick dip. The trick here is to mince the onion as finely as you can. The smaller the better. Optionally, you can substitute this with onion powder. You’ll get great flavor, but try it with fresh onion first.
- Herbs: Here’s the secret, you can use fresh or dried herbs for this recipe. I like it both ways, but fresh is best. I’ve included measurements for both in the recipe below.
- Season Salt: Just a touch goes a long way. Want to shake things up? Swap this for garlic salt!
Homemade Veggie Dip
This recipe really couldn’t get any easier. Simply measure, mix, and serve!
- PREP: Start by prepping the veggies by washing and chopping. Mince onion and chop the fresh parsley and dill.
- MIX: Stir the sour cream, mayonnaise, onion, parsley, dill, and season salt in a bowl until fully combined, being sure to scrape the sides of the dish.
- CHILL: Cover the dish and chill until you are ready to serve.
- ENJOY: Serve with your favorite dipping veggies and chips.
- Airtight Container: Planning to travel with this recipe? Test out this set of bowls with lids (affiliate). Perfect sized and one of my most-used kitchen items!
- Silicone Spatulas: I am beyond obsessed with my set of silicone spatulas (affiliate). Perfect for mixing and can be used on hot or cold dishes.
- Cutting Boards: This recipe chops a lot of ingredients (think fresh veggies). Having a good set of knives (affiliate) and cutting boards (affiliate) can make things go by much quicker!
You can dip SO many raw vegetables in veggie dip. Our favorite are celery sticks, bell pepper, carrots, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, and sweet snap peas.
Yes. Both taste delicious in slightly different ways. I included to dried measurements in the recipe card below.
Yes! This dip stays fresh for up to 4 days. Simply keep stored covered in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve. Give a good mix and enjoy.
This recipe is so simple, but also easy to customize! Swap things up by using all sour cream or adding toppings! Here are a few of our favorites:
More Must-Try Appetizers
Still Hungry? Follow One Sweet Appetite on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
Veggie Dip Recipe
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons onion minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley*
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill*
- 1/2 teaspoon season salt
- Start by prepping the veggies by washing and chopping. Mince onion and chop the fresh parsley and dill.
- Stir the sour cream, mayonnaise, onion, parsley, dill, and season salt in a bowl until fully combined, being sure to scrape the sides of the dish.
- Cover the dish and chill until you are ready to serve.
- Serve with your favorite dipping veggies and chips.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @1sweetappetite and follow pinterest for more!
Leave a Review!