This easy no bake Strawberry Cheesecake is light and fluffy with amazing strawberry flavor, thanks to added Jello! Delicious served with a dollop of whipped cream and fresh berries.
Strawberry is a classic dessert flavor that is amazing all year long! Try a few of my other favorites like my Strawberry Icebox Cake, Strawberry Shortcake cupcakes, Strawberry Poke Cake and my No Bake Strawberry Cake!
- Easy No-Bake Dessert: AS far as cheesecakes go, this one could not be simpler! Whip, pour, and chill.
- Minimal Ingredients: You only need SIX simple items to make this creamy cheesecake.
- Freezer Friendly: You can make this up to five days in advance and keep it stored in the refrigerator OR freeze it! You don’t even have to thaw it before serving.
I made this no bake cheesecake six times. I tested fresh fruit, frozen fruit, freeze dried and Jello. While the fresh fruit options did provide a subtle and sweet finish, everyone voted that the Jello version was the clear winner. Far superior to its fellow cheesecake brothers, but held up better with a crazy delicious flavor.
Top that with a little whipped cream and chopped strawberries and you have a treat that is near irresistible! Serve in mini pie dishes (I can’t help myself) or a classic graham cracker crust!
Want something a little different? Try using this filling as stuffing for strawberries! There is nothing quite like a stuffed strawberry filled with delicious cheesecake!
Jello Strawberry Cheesecake Ingredients
This is the perfect treat for any occasion. That being said, I fully plan on whipping this up for Valentines day and any summer gathering! Here is what you will need:
- Jello: Specifically, strawberry Jello. I mixed mine with some hot water to make sure that it dissolved fully before whisking into the cream cheese. This helps keep the filling smooth and grit free.
- Cream Cheese: SOFT is key. Make sure you let the cream cheese sit out at room temperature before whipping to help get all of those clumps nice and smooth.
- Sour Cream: Like my classic cheesecake, this one uses a touch of sour cream to add the perfect tang. I promise, this is the secret to the perfect filling.
- Vanilla: Pure vanilla extract is used to help balance the tang of the sour cream and cheese to the sweetness of the strawberry.
- Powdered Sugar: Just a smidge to help sweeten the dish.
- Graham Cracker Crust: I am currently obsessed with the mini crusts you can find in the grocery stores. Perfect single serving. That being said, you can also make this in a 9 inch graham crust with equally delicious results.
How to Make No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
- PREP: In a small bowl, combine the box of Jello with 1/4 cup of hot water. Stir to combine until the jello has dissolved. Set aside.
- WHIP: Place the cream cheese and sour cream into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed for two minutes, or until combined and fluffy.
- MIX: Scrape the sides of the mixing bowl and add the jello. Stir on low speed for 30 seconds. Increase the speed and continue to mix until fully combined, about 1 minute more. Add the vanilla extract and the powdered sugar. Stir until incorporated and fluffy, making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- CHILL: Spread the filling into an even layer in 12 mini pie crusts, or 2 (6oz) crusts. Chill for 2 hours or until firm. Serve with whipped cream and fresh strawberry slices.
- Silicone Spatulas: If I can only recommend one kitchen tool, it would be a set of silicone spatulas (affiliate). These are so versatile and used daily in our kitchen. Great for baking AND cooking.
- Mixer: Here’s the deal, I absolutely love my Kitchenaid. I’ve used it until it is literally falling apart. However, you can definitely get by in the baking world with a good hand mixer (affiliate).
- Pie Dish: Another secret, I buy my graham cracker crusts most of the time. I know, I know. So much shame. But when I do make my own I like to use these glass pie dishes (affiliate).
This cheesecake, and most no-bake, will be less firm than a traditional baked cake. However, the secret really is in the chilling. You can eat this after 2 hours of chill time, but for a more firm filling you can chill up to 8 hours before serving.
Yep! In fact, we love raspberry! I’m not sure how the flavors like fruit punch or lemonade will work out, but most berry flavors should be delicious. Maybe even lemon!
If stored in the refrigerator, this cheesecake should last up to five days.
Yes! In fact, if you are a fan of ice cream cake, I require you try this! Freezing this cake does something magical to the filling. It’s light like ice cream with all of the delicious flavor of cheesecake.
More Must Try Cheesecakes
Still Hungry? Follow One Sweet Appetite on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 (3oz) box strawberry jello
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 (8oz) cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 (6 oz) graham cracker crusts
- In a small bowl, combine the box of Jello with 1/4 cup of hot water. Stir to combine until the jello has dissolved. Set aside.
- Place the cream cheese and sour cream into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed for two minutes, or until combined and fluffy.
- Scrape the sides of the mixing bowl and add the jello. Stir on low speed for 30 seconds. Increase the speed and continue to mix until fully combined, about 1 minute more.
- Add the vanilla extract and the powdered sugar. Stir until incorporated and fluffy, making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Spread the filling into an even layer in 2 (6oz) crusts.
- Chill for 2 hours or until firm. Serve with whipped cream and fresh strawberry slices.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @1sweetappetite and follow pinterest for more!
Leave a Review!