This Hawaiian Chicken Stack Tin Foil Dinner is the perfect easy dinner recipe! Made with chicken, rice, fresh vegetables give you a flavor packed meal!
This easy dinner just landed at the top of our must-make recipes!
Inspired by the classic Hawaiian haystacks, it is beyond delicious! Made with chicken, rice, fresh vegetables, and teriyaki sauce for a flavor packed meal the entire family will love.
My husband said this foil packet is full of nostalgia. He can remember making these as a kid around the table with all of his siblings. Part of the fun was letting everyone have a hands on experience. They would serve the ingredients in separate bowls and let everyone stack on their favorites.
But did you know you can make it as a tin foil meal?
- Make-Ahead Recipe
- Camping Dinner Idea
- Easy to Customize
What You Need:
This recipe comes down to a few basic ingredients. The full list that I provide in the recipe card should be used as a guide. Be sure to use any of your favorite vegetables.
- Chicken- I like chicken breasts or thighs
- Rice- If you plan to make this as a tin foil dinner, slightly undercook your rice.
- Toppings- Veggies are key here. Use whatever sounds good to you.
- Pineapple- Crushed is what we prefer but chopped is a fan favorite.
One little tip I like to toss out there… Double up on your foil if you are planning on using it as the container or plate.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Create four rectangles of heavy duty foil. Fold up the sides creating a 1 inch rim.
- Spray your containers with cooking spray and divide the rice between them evenly. Top with your remaining ingredients. Fold up the sides to create your packet.
- Outdoor cooking: Place your packets onto prepared coals. Cook for 30 minutes making sure to turn a few times.
- At home cooking: Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
Can you cook tin foil dinners in the oven?
This is one of the most versatile dinners to make. It can be cooked in the oven, on the grill, or on hot coals. The foil packs are a great makeshift dinner plate and make for easy clean up! Just crumple and throw away.
How to make Hawaiian Haystacks in tin foil:
- Create double lined rectangles with your foil. Fold the sides up creating a 1″ rim.
- Mist the foil with non-stick spray.
- Divide cooked rice between the packets.
- Top with the remaining ingredients.
- And cook!