This post was updated on by
This easy Maple Syrup Recipe is perfect to top your waffles, pancakes, or French toast! All you need to make syrup are 5 simple ingredients and 10 minutes!
For YEARS I have purchased my syrup at the grocery store. There our mountains of different varieties to chose from but we have never been able to find the right one for us.
It was not until recently that I decided to give my own version a try. I was browsing the spices in target searching for Rum extract when I stumbled onto a MAPLE variety. I was intrigued so I bought the little bottle and headed home.
A few weeks went by and the thought slipped from my mind. It was not until I whipped up my Gingerbread Pancakes that I realized we were fresh out of syrup.
I reached to the back of the pantry for some maple extract, rolled up my sleeves, and got to work. After a quick online search and saw that many of the maple syrup recipes are relatively similar and knew I could make a version that would be approved by my picky eaters.
EASY Homemade Maple Syrup
Maple Syrup Ingredients:
- Granulated Sugar- Found in the baking aisle of your grocery store, this is the classic white sugar used in most recipes.
- Brown Sugar- Brown sugar has a molasses flavor that compliments this syrup recipe perfectly!
- Water- Regular ol’ H2O.
- Maple Extract- Here’s the deal… I use maple extract, but sometimes I don’t have any on hand. In this case, you can easily substitute vanilla extract. It tastes incredible and gives you a new flavor to fall in love with on top of your pancakes!
- Butter- Salted butter!! It boosts the flavor slightly and adds a little extra touch of flavor love.
The first batch we made was delicious but was missing the deep rich brown color you associate with a store bought version. The next time around I swapped half of the granulated sugar for brown and voila! One dark colored maple syrup ready to be devoured. We will never be purchasing the store bought again!
How to make pancake maple syrup recipe:
Whisk together your sugars and water in a small pan. Heat to a boil. Cook 5-10 minutes whisking constantly until sugar is dissolved.
Remove from the heat and stir in the extract and butter.
Serve over pancakes, waffles, or french toast!
This recipe is amazing if you use a vanilla extract instead of maple. No need to run to the store for that ingredient if you don’t already have it on hand.
So what do you think? Willing to give this easy recipe a try next time you make pancakes for breakfast?
Recipes to use with your syrup:
- Chrissy Teigen’s Blueberry Cream Cheese Pancakes
- Homemade Buttermilk Pancakes
- Chocolate Waffles
- Perfect Belgian Waffles
More breakfast condiment recipes you might love:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Whisk together your sugars and water in a small pan. Heat to a boil. Cook 5-10 minutes whisking constantly until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the extract and butter.
- Serve over pancakes, waffles, or french toast!