This is the BEST Starbuck’s copycat recipe for vanilla sweet cream cold brew! My go-to with only 4 ingredients and make-ahead!
Show of hands, where are my coffee loving friends at?? I am OBSESSED with recreating my favorites from popular chains- for so many reasons. It is cheaper, tastes the same, and means I never have to leave my house.
Kidding. Sort of.
- Starbuck’s Copycat Recipe: This tastes like the sweet cream you get at their café!
- Minimal Ingredients: You only need 4 simple items.
- Make-Ahead: The sweet cream and cold brew can be made in advance which makes this excellent for busy mornings!
What You Need:
Like many of my easy coffee recipes, all of the magic starts with your cup of joe. But there are a few more items you will need to pick up for that perfect cold brew.
- Coffee- See below
- Vanilla Syrup
Now, I recommend making your own cold brew. It is so easy and you can keep a pitcher on hand for the entire week! Or you can pick up a pre-made version from your local grocer. We have tried both and they are equally delicious.
Step by Step Instructions:
This recipe has two parts. The first, sweet cream. You need to blend together ingredients to create your homemade creamer. Once that is complete we will talk about assembling your coffee.
For the Sweet Cream:
- Combine the vanilla syrup, milk, and heavy cream in a jar or container with a lid.
- Give it a good shake.
- Keep this in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Assembling the Coffee:
- Fill a glass 3/4 full with ice.
- Pour in the cold brew, leaving a 1-2 inch gap at the top of the cup.
- Spoon or pour the sweet cream onto the top of your glass.
- Stir and enjoy!
Optional: Add more vanilla syrup into your coffee for a more bold flavor.
Tips and Tricks:
The secret to a perfect vanilla sweet cream cold brew really is in the coffee. Make sure you use a quality brew for a delicious morning pick-me-up!
How is cold brew coffee made?
Cold brew coffee is made by steeping coffee grounds with cold water at room temperature for at least 12 hours. From there the grounds are filtered out and the mixture is diluted with water or milk. The end result is an incredibly smooth coffee with low levels of acidity.
What is the secret to Starbuck’s Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew?
The secret is there is no secret. As long as you pick a good brew you are golden! Try a mix of 2% milk with the cream or dive in and use whole milk! You really have wiggle room to play with the flavors.
- 3-Ingredient Caramel Iced Coffee
- Snickerdoodle Latte
- Iced Vanilla Latte
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer
Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew
- 1-2 tablespoons vanilla syrup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 to 2 cups cold brew coffee
- For the Sweet Cream:1. Combine the vanilla syrup, milk, and heavy cream in a jar or container with a lid.
2. Give it a good shake.
3. Keep this in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Assembling the Coffee:1. Fill a glass 3/4 full with ice.
2. Pour in the cold brew, leaving a 1-2 inch gap at the top of the cup.
3. Spoon or pour the sweet cream onto the top of your glass.
4. Stir and enjoy!
- Optional: Add more vanilla syrup into your coffee for a more bold flavor.