Cool down with this sweet Iced Vanilla Latte all summer. It is a refreshing way to get your daily cup of Joe and easier than you would think to whip up!
I have been known to visit our local Starbucks on the regular.
This girl LOVES coffee.
When I realized I almost always order the same drink, I figured it was time for me to get my barista on.
After a few tried and failed attempts, I have managed to make the very BEST:
Iced Vanilla Latte
After making this recipe I decided I should be a barista.
Or really, anyone could be a barista.
Not that I am super amazing at making coffee beverages but THIS latte is so so simple.
You really cannot go wrong when you only have a few basic ingredients.
TIP: Make sure you have a quality strong brewed coffee would be my only tip and you will be golden!
How do you make an iced latte at home?
- Start with QUALITY ingredients. This is where you will get most of your flavor.
- Decide if you want to use strong brewed coffee or espresso. We have gone both ways but I personally prefer coffee.
- Mix all of your ingredients and enjoy!
What is in an iced latte?
There are only a handful of basic ingredients in this recipe; coffee, milk, and flavored syrup.
I have mentioned twice that quality is key. So what do I mean by quality ingredients?
- Ideally, you want to grind your own coffee beans. This will give you the freshest flavor. However, it’s not necessary in a pinch.
- Purchase coffee other than Foulgers. I’m not bashing them by any means, I just prefer the taste of Peet’s, Gevalia, or Green Mountain if I’m using ready to brew coffee.
- Use whole milk or cream.
- Do not use sugar free syrup.
Like this recipe? You will love my:
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee, or two shots of espresso
- 1 cup milk or cream
- 1/2 cup vanilla syrup, more or less to taste
- Divide your coffee between two ice filled glasses.
- Top each off with half of the milk and half of the syrup. Stir and enjoy.
Add more or less syrup per your tastes. I like 1-2 tablespoons, but also like a more bold coffee flavor. My sister, on the other hand, likes the full 1/2 a cup. Start with a small amount and add additional as needed.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 235Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 76mgCarbohydrates: 82gFiber: 0gSugar: 75gProtein: 5g
calorie count is an estimate using 2% milk. If you use sugar free syrup calories will drop to 150 calories.
This post was originally published June 2016