These delicious Overnight Cinnamon Rolls are brought to you by Harmons.
Make sure you take advantage of all of the great holiday sales in grocery stores. December is baking season which means you’ll be able to snag some sweeeeeet deals. Right now (through December 9th) Harmons has brown sugar 3 for $5 AND 2- 10lb flour bags for $7. Take advantage of all of those deals and stock up!
- 1/4 oz active yeast pack
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, soft
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-3 tablespoons milk
- Sprinkle your yeast over your water in a small bowl. Set aside and allow to sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Combine the milk, sugar, butter, salt, and egg in the bowl of an electric mixer. Stir to combine. Add 2 cups of flour and stir until fully incorporated. Stir in the yeast mixture. Add the remaining flour and knead 5-10 minutes or until smooth.
- Transfer your dough to a greased bowl. Cover with a clean towel and allow to rise until doubled in size (1-2 hours).
- Turn your dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 15x9 inch rectangle. Spread 1/2 cup soft butter across the dough. Whisk together the brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Sprinkle over your butter. Roll, starting on the long end, to form a large log. Cut into 15 pieces.
- Place your rolls into a lightly greased 9x13 pan. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning place the cinnamon rolls in the oven without turning it on. Let them come to room temperature and slightly rise for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from the oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- Bake 25 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Whisk together the frosting ingredients and spread over the top. Serve along side your favorite breakfast recipes.
While my cinnamon rolls are delish, I’ve got a few more fun recipes to share! The entire Harmons blogger team got together to create the most outstanding recipe line up.
This post may contain affiliate links. I include these links to help you find specific products that are used in my recipes. If you purchase an item from the link on One Sweet Appetite, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you.
One Sweet Appetite is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com