These Chunky Monkey Pancake Bites are the perfect breakfast for little hands. Keep them stashed in the freezer for a quick grab and go meal!
One of my all-time post popular posts is my Chunky Monkey Pancakes.
They are sweet, banana filled, pancakes loaded with mini chocolate chips.
If I am being honest, they are nothing short of amazing.
I decided creating a super simple pancake muffin version was necessary. Enter:
Banana Pancake Muffin Recipe
What are pancake muffins?
Pancake muffins, or pancake bites, are made using a pancake batter, but instead of cooking on a griddle, you bake in the oven. Using a mini cupcake tin gives you a bite sized freezer friendly breakfast ready in minutes!
How to make pancake bites:
- Gather all of your ingredients. I actually use a pancake mix base which makes these even easier to put together!
- Stir all of the ingredients together by hand. It’s ok if there are a few lumps in the batter.
- Use a cookie scoop to get an even batter pour into your mini muffin tins.
- Bake and serve!
Can you freeze pancake bites?
Yes! These are very kid friendly which means we almost always have a batch in the freezer. They are ideal for a grab-and-go breakfast for the kid or for myself!
To freeze: After your pancake muffins have cooked and cooled, add to a freezer safe zip top bag.
When you are ready to eat all you need to do is microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute and serve with syrup for dipping!
You should get 48 pancake bites from this recipe. I divided ours into small sandwich sized baggies and then combined those into a large one for the freezer. When we are in a hurry, or I’m just lazy, I pull out a packet and toss them in the microwave for a few seconds. We don’t even eat them with syrup but I wouldn’t judge you if you did.
Like this recipe? You will love my:
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray two mini muffin pans with non stick spray. Set aside.
- Whisk together the pancake mix and baking powder. I actually like to shift mine to get rid of those pesky big pieces.
- In a small measuring cup combine the milk, eggs, and vanilla. Stir to combine. Fold the wet ingredients and bananas into your dry ingredients. Divide into your muffin tin making sure to fill them almost all the way to the top. Sprinkle each muffin with a few chocolate chips and cook for 15 minutes.
Should get 48 mini muffins.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 12 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236