I really do love pasta. I think I say that about everything food related… but pasta is the first love of my life. I remember the very first time I tried alfredo… It opened up the door to an entirely new world, and I wanted to try it ALL!
Stuffed shells have been kind of towards the bottom of the list. I always see them in restaurants or on the shelf of the store… Calling out for me to give in and make them… but I was a little intimidated. I have NO idea why. It just seemed like so much work! I finally gave in and decided to face my fear.
- 20 jumbo shells
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups of your favorite tomato sauce
- 1 lb. sausage
- Boil a large pot of water and add your pasta. Cook according to the package directions. Drain the noodles and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spread 1/2 cup of your tomato sauce in the bottom of a 9x9 dish.
- Add the sausage to a hot pan. Cook until browned. Stir in 1 cup of tomato sauce and set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together the ricotta, 1/2 a cup of mozzarella, Parmesan, egg, and spinach. Spread one tablespoon of sauce into each shell. Top with a heaping amount of the sausage mixture. Place in your dish and continue with the remaining shells. Smoother in the remaining 1/2 cup of sauce and sprinkle with left over mozzarella.
- Bake, covered, for 20 minutes. Remove the lid and cook an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Recipe adapted from Living like the Kings
I have no idea what all of the fuss was about. This recipe is so simple and produced a mouth watering entre! I suggest you print off this recipe and head to the store ASAP, because whoever you are cooking for will love you forever if you cook this tonight!
I have one more bit of fun! This recipe is part of the Point of View! What is that? Glad you asked!
Today I am so excited to introduce all of you to The Point of View! It’s ran from a group of unbelievably talented bloggers, and I somehow was lucky enough to be invited as a guest blogger! This months theme was recipes so I fit right in! The other girls have whipped up some delicious looking posts, so make sure you stop by each site and check them out!