This post was updated on by
Remember that waffle bar baby shower I posted about two years ago? It was for my darling sister in law (who now has the most adorable little girl) and this breakfast casserole was the star of the show. Hard to believe when waffles were at the party, right?! But somehow it shined through all of the sweet confections spread across the table.
This has every element of a good breakfast. The sausage, hash browns, eggs, Bisquick… It’s just a baking dish full of deliciousness and perfect for a crowd. I cut it back so we could enjoy it as a family of three, but double it and toss into a 9×13 dish for more people. Bonus, it’s freezer friendly! Just cut into your prefered size and store in a resalable plastic bag. So great for busy weekday mornings.
I’m sure you could even adjust the ingredients to your preference. We like to use the hot sausage but you could swap that our for regular or even sweet. Leave the peppers out or add in jalapenos for an extra kick. For my little guy we keep things more on the bland side. I’m pretty sure he would hate me forever if he got a mouth full of spicy.
- 1 12 oz breakfast sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped peppers, red and green
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 cups shredded hash browns
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup Bisquick
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook the sausage until browned in a large skillet with the onions and peppers. Stir in the hash browns and cheese. Spread into your prepared dish.
- Whisk together the Bisquick, milk, eggs, salt and pepper. Pour over your sausage mixture. Bake for 45 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.