This post was updated on by
A refreshing taste of the south finished with a sparkle! This Sparkling Sweet Tea recipe is the perfect thirst quenching recipe for summer.
Thank you to Mr Coffee Brand for sponsoring this post.
Two things that are new to me in Texas…
In Utah we had dry summers with temperatures rarely hitting triple digits but here it is HOT. We have already enjoyed several weeks of blazing heat which inspired me to create a sparkling beverage.
Sweet tea is everywhere here and I have quickly jumped on the bandwagon. It is delightful and seems to compliment so many recipes. I have seen dozens of variations with people adding fruit, flowers, or syrups. To give mine a bit of a glamorous taste, I decided on sparkling water, since I am planning a little tea party with some new friends. I used the Mr. Coffee® Tea Cafe Iced Tea Maker which makes brewing cold tea a breeze and even comes with a nifty little recipe guide. The Classic Sweet Tea was the perfect base to start with.
Sparkling Iced Tea Recipe
How to make sweet iced tea:
I feel like I should preface this by saying I am TERRIBLE at using any type of new kitchen equipment but LOVE this tea maker. We go through at least two pitchers a week and it takes me only a few minutes to get things brewing.
- You want to start by filling the Iced Tea Maker with water and load the pitcher with ice.
- After you have that all set, just pack the brew basket with tea bags, place the pitcher under the dispenser, and press the power button.
Can you believe how simple that is?
I did use a few more tea bags than suggested in the original recipe since I was looking for a strong tea. I was planning dilute a little later on and was happy to achieve the perfect ratio my first try!
Stir in a bit of sugar and mint (if using) followed by lemon slices.
Ingredients for sparkling sweet tea:
- Strong brewed tea, chilled
- Sparkling water
- Lemon slices and mint, optional
How to make sparkling sweet tea:
- Fill your glass with ice and pour 3/4 full with the tea.
- Top off with a little sparkling water.
- Add lemon slices and mint if using. You have got a refreshing beverage perfect for everyday, parties, or any event.
No iced tea maker? No problem!
How to make iced tea in a pitcher:
- Combine 6 tea bags with 2 cups of boiling water in a pitcher.
- Allow tea to steep for 20 minutes.
- Remove tea bags.
- Stir in 3/4 cups of sugar and 6 cups cold water.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Like this recipe? You will love my:
- 4 cups strong brewed iced tea, I recommend using the Mr. Coffee® Tea Cafe Iced Tea Maker
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, optional
- sparkling water or club soda
- lemon slices
- In a large pitcher filled with ice stir together the tea and sugar. Add the mint if using and stir to fully combine.
- When ready to serve fill glasses with ice. Pour tea in each cup until 3/4 full. Top off with sparking water or club soda and a squeeze of lemon.