These easy rainbow fruit cups are the perfect individual fruit cups for a party or quick snack!
Ok, who else is completely obsessed with rainbow treats? We like to make this rainbow fruit salad for so many reasons. The bold colors layers in a glass are an easy way to make eating your fruit more appealing!
They can also be made in advance which makes them the perfect meal-prep recipe!
- Quick and Easy: Less than 10 minutes to prep!
- Meal-Prep Snack: This fruit salad will last 3 to 4 days.
- Easy to Customize: Add your favorite fruits!
What You Need:
To achieve that rainbow look I was strategic with my fruit choices. Below are the options we used for these rainbow fruit parfaits.
- Blackberries- Ripe blackberries pair beautifully with the other fruit in this recipe, but you could also substitute blueberries.
- Kiwi- Do get a touch of green we layered kiwi in these cups. It is bold, bright, and delicious.
- Oranges- We love love love canned mandarin oranges. They are slightly sweet and are a fruit salad staple, in my opinion.
- Strawberries- The red in your rainbow! Strawberries are a great addition because they add a wonderful sweetness and pop of vibrant color.
- Pineapple- FRESH is best, but that is not always available. In that case, feel free to substitute with canned.
- Whipped cream or cool whip – This ingredient is completely optional, but can give you a touch of sweetness when needed.
Other fruit options:
Now that you have a breakdown of our go-to flavors for this simple fruit salad, let’s talk about some other great add-in’s! The fruit below were not used in our mixture but have made an appearance in the recipe since we originally made it.
- Blueberries- Often times we find these in the grocery store and swap them out for the blackberries.
- Apples- Tart apples provide a fun pop of flavor while the sweeter honey crisp variety blends well with the existing profiles!
- Cantaloupe- When in season, cantaloupe adds orange color and delicious flavor.
- Honeydew- More green for your salad!
- Watermelon- Not our favorite, it tends to be watery, but loved by all little kids.
How to make an easy fruit salad:
- Layer each fruit in a glass or plastic cup.
- Top with whipped cream if desired.
For fruit salad:
- Combine all fruit in a large mixing bowl.
- Gently toss to combine.
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup chopped kiwi
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- Layer your fruit inside cups and serve with whipped cream or cool whip.
- Another option is to toss in a large bowl.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 52Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 3gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g
Pin for later: