This post was updated on by
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine. #MakeSummerHappen
This quick and easy pickle relish recipe comes together in minutes and DOES NOT need to be cooked! Perfect to top off your grilled favorites all season long!
Ya’ll. I have dived head first into grilling season this year. We are loving the beautiful spring weather and plan to take full advantage. One of our favorite things to make? Hot dogs. They are so simple and oh-so delicious. But we all know it’s all about the toppings!
This fresh relish recipe comes together in under ten minutes and adds a crisp fresh flavor to all of your grilled favorites!
Homemade Pickle Relish Recipe
Some of our favorite grilled finds? Tyson has nailed their grillable items! The list below gives you the authentic taste of summer all season long! Click the image above to shop now!
- Ball Park® Beef Franks, these were made for grilling!
- Ball Park® Buns
- Hillshire Farm® Beef Smoked Sausage, fully cooked and made with traditional spices to deliver exceptional flavor
- Aidells® Chicken & Apple Smoked Chicken Sausage, thoughtfully unexpected flavor combinations and one of my all-time faves!
- Chinet® Classic White™ Dinner Plates, premium strength and perfect for serving all of your grilling favorites
ALL of these are awesome dinner inspiration and definitely grill worthy! You can find them all at Target right now, so stock up!
But today our focus is with Ball Park® Beef Franks. Perfect for relish, don’t you think? They are the go-to hot dog of summer.
Our absolute favorite way to grill hot dogs is spiral cut. Adding shallow slices to the uncooked meat helps them cook quickly and gives you amazing grooves for your toppings to fill in!
How to spiral cut hot dogs:
- Carefully, use a paring knife to cut at a slight angle around your hot dog.
- Make sure to slowly spin as you cut to move the spiral down the uncooked hot dog.
- Also, avoid cutting too deep. Shallow cuts are what we are looking for here.
- Once you have added the spiral cut to your dogs, add them to your heated grill. Cook, turning frequently, until your hot dogs are heated through.
Pickle relish ingredients:
- Large dill or sour pickles
- Red Pepper
- Yellow Pepper
- White Onion
- Fresh Dill, optional
- Pickle juice
How to make quick and easy pickle relish:
- Finely dice your pickles, peppers, and onion.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Stir, cover, and chill at least 1 hour.
- Serve on top of your favorite grilled items.
Right now, you could win a cookout with Cole Swindell*. Upload your receipt at www.makesummerhappen.com for a chance to win
- Purchase any three (3) of the following qualifying products: Ball Park® Hot Dogs, Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage, Aidells® Sausage Links, Tyson® Fresh Chicken
- Prize details:
- 1 lucky Grand Prize winner will win a grill out for you and 20 friends with special guest Cole Swindell*
- 250 first prize winners will win a custom, limited edition apron
Like this recipe? You will love my:
*Calorie count is based off of 1 tablespoon of relish As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size: 4 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 20
*Calorie count is based off of 1 tablespoon of relish
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Summer Grilling Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., at least the legal age of majority in the state in which they reside at the time of entry. Sweepstakes begins 12:00 a.m. ET 5/15/19 and ends 11:59 p.m. ET on 7/31/19. For Official Rules, visit www.MakeSummerHappen.com. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: Tyson Foods, Inc., 2200 W. Don Tyson Pkwy., Springdale, AR 72762.