You can not go wrong with a classic green bean casserole recipe filled with canned or fresh green beans, mushroom soup, and topped with fried onions. Try this Thanksgiving recipe for your next gathering!
I truly feel that green bean casserole is the most underrated recipe of Thanksgiving.
It combines my absolute favorite veggie with crispy onions.
It also happens to be incredibly easy.
It takes a whopping 5 minutes to prep and an additional 25 minutes to bake.
You can even mix it up the night before! When you are ready to bake pull it out of the refrigerator and sprinkle with onions before transferring to the oven.
How to make classic green bean casserole:
- Gather your ingredients. We like to use canned green beans for the ease but you can easily opt for a fresh cooked version!
- Mix together green beans, mushroom soup, milk, and a few seasonings.
- Pour into a casserole dish, top with crispy onions, and bake!
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cooked green beans
- 1-1/3 cup French fried onions
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the soup, milk, soy sauce, pepper, beans, and 2/3 cups of onions in a casserole bowl.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the bean mixture is hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with the remaining onions and bake an additional five minutes or until the onions are golden.